- 1 or more Full-Time (FT) or Part-Time (PT) Personal Trainers/Instructors (Paid or Volunteer)
- 1 or More Trained Chefs (Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine, or Head Chef)
- 1 or More FT or PT Cultural Activities Directors (Paid or Volunteer)
- 1 or More FT or PT Educational Activities Directors (Paid or Volunteer)
- 1 or More FT or PT Chaplains/Ministers/Spiritual Directors (Paid or Volunteer)
A. Senior-oriented communities are eligible to apply if 50 – 100% of their living units are classified as ILU (Independent Living Units) – such as Active Adult Communities, CCRCs, Life Plan Communities, or Life Care Communities.
A. Communities are not eligible to apply if 50 – 100% of their living units are classified as ALU (Assisted Living Units), MCU (Memory Care Units), and/or NCU (Nursing Care Units)
A. We can pre-certify communities as Retirement Resorts based on their plans and philosophy of healthy living. We invite you to apply for pre-certification as soon as your project is ready for pre-marketing.
A. In order to maintain our credibility as an independent organization providing an unbiased service to Seniors, it is important that we not charge a fee for certification or these certification benefits:
- Free – Official Third-Party Endorsement (by Senior Hospitality International)
- Free – Official Certificate (See Sample)
- Free – Official Press Release (See Sample)
- Free – Standard Listing on SeniorHospitality.com
Communities may also choose an optional Premium Profile on www.RetirementResorts.com (multi-community discounts available).
A. In most cases, communities can be certified based on websites, photos, documents, and phone interviews, and on-site visits are not required. However, if an application for certification is not approved, the community has the right to appeal the decision, and pay for an on-site visit by a certification specialist.
A. Certification lasts for one year. Communities are re-certified on a yearly basis.