- 1 or more Full-Time (FT) or Part-Time (PT) Personal Trainers/Instructors (Paid or Volunteer)
- 1 or More Trained Chefs (Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine, or Head Chef)
- 1 or More FT or PT Cultural Activities Directors (Paid or Volunteer)
- 1 or More FT or PT Educational Activities Directors (Paid or Volunteer)
- 1 or More FT or PT Chaplains/Ministers/Spiritual Directors (Paid or Volunteer)
A. Senior-oriented communities are eligible to apply if 50 – 100% of their living units are classified as ILU (Independent Living Units) – such as Active Adult Communities, CCRCs, Life Plan Communities, or Life Care Communities.
A. Communities are not eligible to apply if 50 – 100% of their living units are classified as ALU (Assisted Living Units), MCU (Memory Care Units), and/or NCU (Nursing Care Units)
A. We can pre-certify communities as Retirement Resorts based on their plans and philosophy of healthy living. We invite you to apply for pre-certification as soon as your project is ready for pre-marketing.
A. In order to maintain our credibility as an independent organization providing an unbiased service to Seniors, we do not charge a fee for Certification or for our Standard Listing. An optional paid Premium Profile is available to Certified communities.
A. In most cases, communities can be certified based on websites, photos, documents, and phone interviews, and on-site visits are not required. However, if an application for certification is not approved, the community has the right to appeal the decision, and pay for an on-site visit by a certification specialist.
A. Certification lasts for one year. Communities are re-certified on a yearly basis.